Home » Audio » Home Theater » Improving the home theater
Improving the home theater [message #89520] Wed, 09 January 2019 01:57 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
At times when I am at home, I almost feel like I should be getting more from the system. I actually feel like the reason for this is because I have used a combination of old and new speakers. Which is the best way to match such speakers?
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89524 is a reply to message #89520] Wed, 09 January 2019 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Having a combination of old and new speakers can be a tricky affair, and requires a good technique of matching them, so as to get the deserved sound experience. It may also be the right time to consider upgrading the subwoofer.
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89788 is a reply to message #89524] Mon, 11 February 2019 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Have you considered getting a soundbar? Adding a soundbar to your home theater system is one of the easiest and most affordable things you can do to improve your audio experience in my opinion.
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89792 is a reply to message #89788] Mon, 11 February 2019 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Porter wrote on Mon, 11 February 2019 09:46
Have you considered getting a soundbar? Adding a soundbar to your home theater system is one of the easiest and most affordable things you can do to improve your audio experience in my opinion.
I stand corrected but from what I have heard, it is not advisable to have both a soundbar and home theater. The latter is often the cheaper and less bulky alternative.
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89808 is a reply to message #89792] Tue, 12 February 2019 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Mamoss, I know you weren't asking me specifically, but I believe you can hook up a passive soundbar to your home theater receiver and get great sound. Well, you can hook up an active soundbar to your home theater system too, but I believe the two amplifiers might interfere with each other. I'm not sure a soundbar is the best option. Home theater systems are better at creating an immersive experience. It also might be cheaper to just replace the speakers that aren't working well.
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89816 is a reply to message #89808] Wed, 13 February 2019 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Strum Drum wrote on Tue, 12 February 2019 14:07
Mamoss, I know you weren't asking me specifically, but I believe you can hook up a passive soundbar to your home theater receiver and get great sound. Well, you can hook up an active soundbar to your home theater system too, but I believe the two amplifiers might interfere with each other. I'm not sure a soundbar is the best option. Home theater systems are better at creating an immersive experience. It also might be cheaper to just replace the speakers that aren't working well.
Ooh yes and this makes sense because it is much easier and simpler to replace the old problematic speakers. I don't know much about the soundbar option but it looks like a tenable idea.
Re: Improving the home theater [message #89880 is a reply to message #89520] Sun, 03 March 2019 22:02 Go to previous message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
From what I've read, you can certainly mix old and new speakers. You just have to position them correctly to get the most bang for your buck.
Previous Topic: Recording A TV Show
Next Topic: Vizio smart television
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:03:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout