Home » Audio » General » Does the sound improve?
Does the sound improve? [message #89501] Sun, 06 January 2019 23:22 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
When listening to music through headphones, does the sound seem to improve over time? Is this an actual phenomenon or is it something that the brain visualizes then actualizes?
Re: Does the sound improve? [message #89512 is a reply to message #89501] Mon, 07 January 2019 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I haven't personally noticed a difference in how my audio sounds with headphones overtime. I switch headphones fairly often so that could be why. That's interesting to think about though.
Re: Does the sound improve? [message #89513 is a reply to message #89501] Mon, 07 January 2019 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I doubt that it improves. If the phones are new then a short break in period might change the sound a bit, but if they are already used for a while the sound should not change. It is likely a psycho acoustic effect and you are just "listening" better. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Does the sound improve? [message #89519 is a reply to message #89501] Wed, 09 January 2019 01:48 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Seems to me like something that the brain visualizes, the conceives. I really doubt if there is ever a change in the type of sound, unless this originates from an audio file.
Previous Topic: Seasonal Wishes
Next Topic: Recording audio with the phone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:25:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout