Home » Audio » Measurement » Audio Measurement Mic
Audio Measurement Mic [message #89486] Fri, 04 January 2019 10:05 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I'm looking to purchase an audio measurement mic and I've noticed that prices are all over the place. Is this one of those things where the higher price tag equals greater accuracy and ease of use, or is it okay to buy a budget model? I've used a Dayton Audio Measurement Microphone (UMM-6) before, but I had nothing to compare it to and the necessary software was already on the computer.
Re: Audio Measurement Mic [message #89498 is a reply to message #89486] Sun, 06 January 2019 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
I wouldn't spend big bucks on anything that's high-end with all the bells and whistles unless you need it professionally. Buying something mid-range would probably be sufficient for a hobbyist interested in audio system tuning.
Re: Audio Measurement Mic [message #89515 is a reply to message #89486] Mon, 07 January 2019 14:30 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I use the UMM6 with both a PC and with a Behringer DEQ2496 (it actually is given in some of their literature as suitable). The issue is more complex than just what mic to use. Placement, loudness, room reflections and nodes have a great effect on the accuracy of your measurements.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The best apps to measure noise levels
Next Topic: Room EQ Wizard.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:12:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers