Home » Audio » Swap Meet » Local Swap Event and Pricing
Local Swap Event and Pricing [message #89138] Fri, 09 November 2018 17:11 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
This will be my first year setting up a booth at my local swap and shop event which supports charities. I'm expecting visitors to haggle with me over pricing, but I'm not sure how much of a markup to start with. What percentage do you usually try?
Re: Local Swap Event and Pricing [message #89182 is a reply to message #89138] Mon, 12 November 2018 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Have you had them appraised? That might be a good starting point if it's affordable. You could also check with a local pawn shop to see if they have something similar. Or, pretend like you're interested in selling. They usually expect to haggle so whatever price the pawn shop offers you, you'll know to price a little higher in your booth.
Re: Local Swap Event and Pricing [message #89187 is a reply to message #89182] Tue, 13 November 2018 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Both of those are good ideas. I don't have time to seek out an appraisal, but I've bought several instruments at the pawn shop in town and can ask them for help. I'll just be honest about my intentions so they won't think I'm actually interested in selling.
Re: Local Swap Event and Pricing [message #89437 is a reply to message #89187] Sun, 23 December 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Hello! Is this radio still available? If so, will you please tell me more about it like the model, year it's from, and condition it's in? If your radio didn't sale during your event, I might be interested in buying it.
Re: Local Swap Event and Pricing [message #89459 is a reply to message #89437] Sun, 30 December 2018 18:18 Go to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Hi, musicluvr, Madison is my older sister and she did manage to sell that radio. She finds antique radios at estate sales every once in a while, but she's out of country until February, so she's unlikely to check back in here soon. I'll mention your interest when she calls me. Is there a particular model that you're after?
Previous Topic: Dayton audio 10" subwoofer
Next Topic: JBL 2206 HPL pair
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:25:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout