Home » Audio » Source » Shure no longer making cartridges
Shure no longer making cartridges [message #89449] Fri, 28 December 2018 06:41 Go to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Shure has been making phono cartridges for as long as I can remember, but they've decided to discontinue them and will only make headphones and microphones moving forward. I must've missed the announcement when it was first made because I'm shocked by their decision. I think the company is still standing by the two-year warranties, but if they can't find a good supplier to source their materials, I'm not sure how they plan to fix anything. Thank goodness for eBay I guess. Gosh, it's the end of an era.
Re: Shure no longer making cartridges [message #89453 is a reply to message #89449] Fri, 28 December 2018 16:33 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Without getting into the NOS vs new made stylus issue (some are great and some are well &^%$#) as long as the body of the cartridge is OK they should be usable for a very long time. I personally don't care for Shure cartridges, but they have a very lrge following.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Does vinyl sound better?
Next Topic: Hissing while listening to vinyl.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:03:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio