Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Isolating vocals from instrumental
Isolating vocals from instrumental [message #89401] Tue, 18 December 2018 08:42 Go to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Which software programs do you use to separate the vocals from the instrumental portion of a song? I've tried using Audacity but my finished track doesn't sound good. Any other recommendations?
Re: Isolating vocals from instrumental [message #89403 is a reply to message #89401] Tue, 18 December 2018 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
musicluvr wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 08:42
Which software programs do you use to separate the vocals from the instrumental portion of a song? I've tried using Audacity but my finished track doesn't sound good. Any other recommendations?
I do hope that you made a back up of your original recording? Audacity seems to be the program of choice for most people though I suppose there are a couple of free software out there.
Re: Isolating vocals from instrumental [message #89415 is a reply to message #89403] Thu, 20 December 2018 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
I have backed everything thing up, but that's a good reminder. I've damaged songs in the past when I tried manipulating them and sadly failed to save an extra copy or two. I'll keep working with Audacity and will give an update if I figure out a solution.
Re: Isolating vocals from instrumental [message #89419 is a reply to message #89415] Fri, 21 December 2018 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I think the problem lies within your original music file such as sound interference or anything that shows it was poorly produced. However, if you'd like to try another software program, TechRadar is giving away free copies of Ashampoo Music Studio. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe it will have what you need. https://www.techradar.com/news/techradars-downloads-advent-calendar-get-ashampoo-music-studio-2018-free
Re: Isolating vocals from instrumental [message #89446 is a reply to message #89419] Mon, 24 December 2018 23:52 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Fri, 21 December 2018 11:03
I think the problem lies within your original music file such as sound interference or anything that shows it was poorly produced. However, if you'd like to try another software program, TechRadar is giving away free copies of Ashampoo Music Studio. I haven't tried it myself, but maybe it will have what you need. https://www.techradar.com/news/techradars-downloads-advent-calendar-get-ashampoo-music-studio-2018-free
I would suppose so too because the final product really depends on the original recording. I have heard of the Ashampoo Music Studio and it may be the right time to try it out.
Previous Topic: Apple's new GarageBand worth trying
Next Topic: Sound Feedback
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:16:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout