Home » Audio » Home Theater » Choosing between a projector and TV
Choosing between a projector and TV [message #89404] Tue, 18 December 2018 23:52 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Projectors could have gotten brighter over time but it seems it is not easy to get clearer and brighter images that we are used to with TVs (thanks to 4K resolution). Either way, how do you decide on the display that will work best with your own home theater?
Re: Choosing between a projector and TV [message #89412 is a reply to message #89404] Thu, 20 December 2018 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
Projectors are typically much cheaper than a new 4K television. They are more portable and if you use a retractable screen, they'll take up less space. On the other hand, I think every show looks better on a television screen. The colors are more vibrant and the picture is very crisp. I really think it's about what matters most to you.
Re: Choosing between a projector and TV [message #89434 is a reply to message #89404] Sun, 23 December 2018 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
It's true that televisions tend to take up more space, but keep in mind that some projectors require significant distance between the projector and the screen or wall you're going to view the movie on. LG's second-generation 4k laser projector is one of the few that doesn't have that constraint.
Re: Choosing between a projector and TV [message #89444 is a reply to message #89404] Mon, 24 December 2018 23:42 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I walked into this restaurant and there was this projector with really vivid pictures. Even though the quality of the images wasn't as clear as that of a TV screen, I was tempted to start considering a projector. On the other hand, TVs have gotten thinner over time so they don't take up too much space.
Previous Topic: Thoughts on 4K?
Next Topic: Coolest Television Ever!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:03:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout