Home » Audio » Source » Does vinyl sound better?
Does vinyl sound better? [message #88826] Sun, 16 September 2018 02:17 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Well, I think this is up for debate but I quite agree that vinyl sounds better than MP3s ever could. The reason for this could be that most of the music that folks listen to is broadcast in a lossy format as opposed to vinyl which is always in a lossless format where nothing is lost, when pressing a record.
Re: Does vinyl sound better? [message #88828 is a reply to message #88826] Sun, 16 September 2018 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I would look at it in terms of the medium that can earn you money in the long run. Vinyl keeps its value or even appreciates over time and I suppose this is enough proof that it possibly keeps its quality over time.
Re: Does vinyl sound better? [message #88831 is a reply to message #88826] Sun, 16 September 2018 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I just never stopped listening to vinyl. For me it's better than the digital set up I have. Hardly listen to the cd's anymore. Streamed digital lossless is probably better, but my vinyl set up is well invested and sounds pretty good. I don't care what is better now.
Re: Does vinyl sound better? [message #88852 is a reply to message #88831] Thu, 20 September 2018 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Rusty wrote on Sun, 16 September 2018 14:54
I just never stopped listening to vinyl. For me it's better than the digital set up I have. Hardly listen to the cd's anymore. Streamed digital lossless is probably better, but my vinyl set up is well invested and sounds pretty good. I don't care what is better now.
Talk of old being gold? I also agree that provided the set up is good, then there is no doubt that vinyl sounds much better. I still have my old collection that I can never dispose off.
Re: Does vinyl sound better? [message #89069 is a reply to message #88826] Sun, 28 October 2018 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
What makes vinyl better than digital? I thought digitally enhanced music is better because musical technicians can adjust whatever components of the music they wanted to adjust. How about recording digital music on vinyl, does it make a difference?
Re: Does vinyl sound better? [message #89421 is a reply to message #88826] Fri, 21 December 2018 11:35 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I've never found vinyl to sound better. It has a different sound, that's true, but digital music sounds more "clean" to me. I suppose people find the rough sound of vinyl more authentic, which I understand. I like listening to vinyl when I'm in a certain mood.
Previous Topic: Informal Phono Preamp Comparison
Next Topic: Shure no longer making cartridges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:43:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout