Home » Audio » General » TV upgrades happen so fast
TV upgrades happen so fast [message #89387] Mon, 17 December 2018 08:15 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
When purchasing a TV set, you can never be sure about how long it will take for the same company to introduce the newest technology. Most people are usually tempted to keep on upgrading though this can be costly, in the long run. Would it make more sense for companies to manufacture sets that can be upgraded without the need to initiate a new purchase or has this been tried and tested before?
Re: TV upgrades happen so fast [message #89402 is a reply to message #89387] Tue, 18 December 2018 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Technology evolves rapidly and most of the changes have to be wired within the television to work. It would be great if companies made it easy somehow, but as it is I don't think many owners would be up for it. You can upgrade your viewing experience in other ways like adding a soundbar.
Re: TV upgrades happen so fast [message #89405 is a reply to message #89402] Tue, 18 December 2018 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
musicluvr wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 08:54
Technology evolves rapidly and most of the changes have to be wired within the television to work. It would be great if companies made it easy somehow, but as it is I don't think many owners would be up for it. You can upgrade your viewing experience in other ways like adding a soundbar.
It is true that technology evolves rapidly and trying to catch up with it can prove costly. In as far as I know, a soundbar merely improves the TV sound, unless I am mistaken. I wish there were easier ways of upgrading.
Re: TV upgrades happen so fast [message #94589 is a reply to message #89387] Sat, 09 October 2021 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
You know that actually makes sense, upgrading televisions. I bet manufacturers wouldn't be into it though because people will just buy a new one if technology changes so much.
Re: TV upgrades happen so fast [message #94591 is a reply to message #94589] Sat, 09 October 2021 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I do not begin to worry about what is on the horizon with this stuff. Picture quality is light years ahead of what it was with the old picture tube. It's the sound quality that sucks with these thin tv's. Prompting an external sound bar or surround system. I'm not going out and buy a latest greatest thing every 2 years or so. I'm just hoping the thing I have lasts that long.
Re: TV upgrades happen so fast [message #94598 is a reply to message #89387] Sun, 10 October 2021 01:25 Go to previous message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
It can help consumers save money, but I don't think companies will like this setup. The hassle may also be too much if people keep sending their TVs to manufacturers for an upgrade.
Previous Topic: Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription?
Next Topic: Improving audio sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:18:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout