Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Golden Globes Speculation
Golden Globes Speculation [message #89324] Sun, 09 December 2018 14:43 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
The Oscars still need a host, but it looks like the Golden Globes are swimming along. What do you think of the hosts, Sandra Oh from Grey's Anatomy and Killing Eve and Andy Samberg from Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I prefer comedians myself, but I enjoy Sandra Oh as an actress.

Who do you think will win Best Drama? My money is on Black Panther. I thought the film would receive more nominations than it actually did which is disappointing. I saw A Star is Born and didn't like it, though I know most viewers loved the show and Lady Gaga's role in it. It received five nominations in all though Sam Elliot wasn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor which surprised me.

Do you have any Golden Globe predictions to make? What do you think about the nominations?
Re: Golden Globes Speculation [message #89343 is a reply to message #89324] Tue, 11 December 2018 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
I don't have any strong feelings about the possible outcomes, but I'll be tuning in just to see more of Carol Burnett. I'm glad she's had an award named after her!
Re: Golden Globes Speculation [message #89435 is a reply to message #89343] Sun, 23 December 2018 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
I'm game for listing the category winners I feel most strongly about.
Best Drama: Bohemian Rhapsody or Black Panther
Best Motion Picture: Crazy Rich Asians
Best Performance by Actress in Drama: Lady Gaga (Her stellar acting really surprised me.)
Best Performance by Actor in Drama: Rami Malek
Best Performance by Actress in Comedy: Constance Wu
Best Director: Bradley Cooper
Best Animated Motion Picture: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Best Original Motion Picture: Ludwig Göransson
Re: Golden Globes Speculation [message #89554 is a reply to message #89435] Fri, 11 January 2019 08:26 Go to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I'm clearly horrible at predicting these things. I'm glad that Bohemian Rhapsody and Rami Malek, as Freddie Mercury, won awards. Rami Malek's speech was beautiful.
Previous Topic: Movie Software
Next Topic: Star Trek, anyone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:08:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout