Home » Audio » Home Theater » Wall Color For Projector
Wall Color For Projector [message #89105] Tue, 06 November 2018 08:51 Go to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
What is the best wall color for a projector? The white canvass is mostly used in the theaters and I haven't seen a movie projected on a dark colored wall. Is white always the best color for projection?
Re: Wall Color For Projector [message #89206 is a reply to message #89105] Wed, 14 November 2018 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The guy at Best Buy told us to inspect the wall for any dents or rough patches and to spackle those first to smooth them out. Then paint over it with a white primer and allow to dry. Then paint over that with a shade of gray paint depending on the amount of lumens your projector produces.
Re: Wall Color For Projector [message #89215 is a reply to message #89206] Wed, 14 November 2018 20:17 Go to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I've seen some fancy DIY kits on Amazon for about $200 that comes with everything you need. The one I used is no longer available, but there are similar kits on the same page. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GUMEHC
Previous Topic: Joining Different Brands of Speakers
Next Topic: Ratio of Screen Size and Distance Between Screen and Couch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:40:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout