Home » Audio » Speaker » Mounting speakers
Mounting speakers [message #87592] Wed, 28 March 2018 15:09 Go to next message
ABtoJayZ is currently offline  ABtoJayZ
Chancellor
To mount or not to mount? That is the question. Due to lack of space, I've been considering getting mounted speakers as opposed to the ones I already have. What are the pros and cons of mounting your speakers versus freestanding/floor-standing?
Re: Mounting speakers [message #87631 is a reply to message #87592] Mon, 02 April 2018 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
How you mount them and where you mount them can affect sound feedback. If they're wireless speakers mounting them can affect connectivity. I've always thought mounted speakers make a room look cleaner, but hadn't thought about saving space. I bet it makes a big difference.
Re: Mounting speakers [message #87635 is a reply to message #87592] Mon, 02 April 2018 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lush is currently offline  lush
Chancellor
I agree, they definitely make a room look cleaner. They lend to that whole minimalism look a lot better. Mounted speakers offer better/easier placement varieties, in my opinion. How tall are your walls?
Re: Mounting speakers [message #87909 is a reply to message #87592] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
I have floor-standing speakers and it's not the best but I like the flexibility of putting the speakers wherever I want instead of being tied down to one place. Comes in handy when I move furniture around and end up having to reconfigure my entertainment system.
Re: Mounting speakers [message #87952 is a reply to message #87592] Mon, 07 May 2018 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
I like the way mounted speakers look compared to having speakers on stands, bookcases, or anything else. Seems to look much cleaner. If you never plan to move your furniture around then mounted speakers are a good way to go.
Re: Mounting speakers [message #89133 is a reply to message #87592] Fri, 09 November 2018 13:12 Go to previous message
Duks is currently offline  Duks
Chancellor
One advantage of the free-standing speakers is that they can be moved around as you try to figure out which set up produces the best sound. If you are going to mount the speakers, ideally you would want to get it right the first time.
Previous Topic: What to look for
Next Topic: Moving Sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:23:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout