Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame [message #89110] Wed, 07 November 2018 15:37 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I'm behind the times here as the nominee list was released a month or so ago. Who do you think stands the best chance for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2019? The nominees are:
Def Leppard
Devo
Janet Jackson
John Prine
Kraftwerk
LL Cool J
MC5
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Roxy Music
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Stevie Nicks
The Cure
The Zombies

Fans have a say this year again as the five musical artists with the most fan votes will be listed on a "fans' ballot". This is be added up with the industry votes to select the 2019 inductees.
Do you plan to vote? Who is your top choice? I've read that Radiohead isn't much interested in it which surprised me.
https://www.rockhall.com/rock-roll-hall-fame-announces-nominees-2019-induction
Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame [message #89116 is a reply to message #89110] Thu, 08 November 2018 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Put em all in as far as I'm concerned. I think the balloting is for public interest, but for me in a historical sense, any band that made a national, international presence should be in there. Nobody could like every band that was inducted. But it's a museum, and I think all of them, the good, the bad and the ugly should be included.
Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame [message #89121 is a reply to message #89116] Thu, 08 November 2018 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I hear you Rusty, but part of the thrill is that it's an exclusive club. For years talented, record-breaking, bestselling artists have been snubbed including Whitney Houston, Iron Maiden, and Cher. It all adds to the prestige of being inducted.
Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame [message #89139 is a reply to message #89110] Fri, 09 November 2018 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Out of the nominees and snubs mentioned, I don't understand why Janet Jackson, Cher, Whitney Houston, and LL Cool Jay should be included. I thought rappers and pop artists had their own hall of fame.

Stevie Nicks has been inducted as part of Fleetwood Mac but not as a solo artist. I can see her making the cut.
Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame [message #89183 is a reply to message #89139] Mon, 12 November 2018 21:22 Go to previous message
Master
Which acts should qualify for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been debated for years, and I agree with your viewpoint. I think artists care about it more because it's seen as more prestigious and well-known. I also agree with you about Stevie Nicks. I don't think she'll make the fan ballot though.
Previous Topic: A Star Is Born
Next Topic: Converting home cine to digital - how?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:23:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio