Home » xyzzy » Tower » Perfect memory
Perfect memory [message #86630] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:33 Go to next message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
Hey guys. I have been wondering about something. Whenever I hear a piece of music it sticks in my mind instantly and I can remember the words even without trying. Is this normal?

I've heard of some people with a photographic memory, is this something similar?
Re: Perfect memory [message #86655 is a reply to message #86630] Sun, 26 November 2017 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I've known some teachers who would encourage their students to sing out their spelling as a memory retention tool. I can't say it ever worked for me though. Does it help you to remember other tidbits when you make them into a song like names, grocery lists, that sort of thing?
Re: Perfect memory [message #86734 is a reply to message #86630] Mon, 11 December 2017 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tikki is currently offline  Tikki
Baron
I've never tried to use the technique to remember stuff. Songs I hear just get stuck in my head that's all. I should try and see if it will work for consciously remembering things.
Re: Perfect memory [message #89055 is a reply to message #86630] Thu, 25 October 2018 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duks is currently offline  Duks
Chancellor
You should definitely try using the technique on other things if you ask me. Personally, I'm the opposite of what you have described. I have to listen to songs a good number of times before it sticks in my mind to the extent of knowing the words.
Re: Perfect memory [message #89080 is a reply to message #86630] Wed, 31 October 2018 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I don't think memorizing words through singing will help everyone. It may help others, but I'm like Duks wherein I should get myself liking the music before I can even memorize the lyrics.
Re: Perfect memory [message #89092 is a reply to message #86630] Sat, 03 November 2018 10:39 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've a hard enough time even figuring out what the lyrics are much less trying to remember them. I tend to remember the melody and rhythms of music before the lyric stuff. And that can take for ever. I can sing a well known to me song in the shower and end up going na, na na na, na na for the lost lyrics I can't remember. The original poster must have a savant gift to get it on one listen.
Previous Topic: Benefits of solitude
Next Topic: Peter Tork
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 22:22:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout