Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Will it work? Audio in conservatorie?
Will it work? Audio in conservatorie? [message #88867] Sun, 23 September 2018 12:02 Go to next message
Ben p is currently offline  Ben p
Esquire
Hello guys and wayne,

We are building a small home, we have plenty of options for placement of small speakers for background music in most areas, Only area where i want something more than small speakers for background sound is a heated conservatorie where sofas, a Good stereo and a projector with a motor screen will take Care of the entertainment needs.

I love dynamic Sound, and headroom is king.

But the conservatorie is made almost entirely of glass, so i Know High end audio is out of the picture as its not possible for me to treat the room alot.
Room is 20 feet x 17 feet
My placement options, Well only one Im afraid, the main speakers has to go in the front corners!

Will a set of pi7 work with glass Walls or is there another option i havent thought about?

I Can fit in some subs, both if needed with pi7 or if Im better off using smaller mains?
(Would love to stay with 15" mains as i have 4 jbl 2225 collecting dust on the shelf).

Any advice is greatly appriciated

Best regards

Ben p
Re: Will it work? Audio in conservatorie? [message #88870 is a reply to message #88867] Mon, 24 September 2018 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can use seven π cornerhorns with distributed multisubs or four π mains with flanking subs and possibly one or two distributed multisubs. Either setup will work for you in that room, and I think they'll sound pretty good. I always prefer constant directivity cornerhorns, where possible.

The glass is the "hard part," as you already know. Pun intended. The hard, reflective surfaces all around might make the sound somewhat bright. But the constant directivity of the mains will help, especially with our H290C waveguides.

Re: Will it work? Audio in conservatorie? [message #88871 is a reply to message #88867] Mon, 24 September 2018 17:20 Go to previous message
Ben p is currently offline  Ben p
Esquire
Thx for the answer Wayne, its greatly appriciated.

Best regards

Ben
Previous Topic: 3 pi crossover upgrade
Next Topic: 8PI Plans Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:40:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers