Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Oldies
The Oldies [message #88816] Wed, 12 September 2018 02:53 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I am in my middle thirties, so I'm not that old yet. However, I like listening to the old songs from the 70's and 80's. I think it is easier to sing along with those songs that the new songs of today.
Re: The Oldies [message #88818 is a reply to message #88816] Wed, 12 September 2018 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Maybe this can explain part of your dilemma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII
Re: The Oldies [message #88854 is a reply to message #88816] Thu, 20 September 2018 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Thanks for the link and it explained a lot about why it is easier to listen to the oldies than the new songs of today. Pop songs of today sound the same, and that is why I listen mostly to alternative rock, Linkin Park, because the singers write their own songs.
Re: The Oldies [message #88915 is a reply to message #88816] Sun, 30 September 2018 11:06 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Nothing compares to the oldies as the musicians (then) were more versatile and creative, with their content and composition. I spare time, over the weekends, to listen to music from the past. The interesting thing is that you could still listen to a musical piece composed in the 70's and still relate to it. What happened to originality and creativity?

That clip is very informative!
Previous Topic: What's the most you've spent on live music?
Next Topic: Impossible Odds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:49:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout