Home » Audio » Craftsmen » The Last Thing You Fixed
The Last Thing You Fixed [message #87341] Sat, 03 March 2018 00:03 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That stereo you have.......at some point in time we all have something minor go wrong with our stereo. So what was your last DIY fix?
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #87344 is a reply to message #87341] Sat, 03 March 2018 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Jeez, I fix everything I care about from cars to home appliances to sound equipment and various other electronics. The only exception for me is I usually don't touch anything made after about Y2K.

These days there's a lot of disposable crap, so to "repair" most modern (cheaply made) devices is to replace them. That's not always true; I have some recently made things that have good build quality, but most stuff nowadays is made to be disposable.

Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #87348 is a reply to message #87344] Sat, 03 March 2018 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I too fix everything, just fixed the hinge on my refrigerator. Parts were a bit costly IMO for some small nylon bits...but the door would not work right without them. Cars, appliances, basically anything. I like to build things as well...new stereo room house addition (that my other half took over for a media room), garage, back yard covered BBQ... not to mention all sorts of electronic stuff.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #87369 is a reply to message #87341] Mon, 05 March 2018 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
A hallway light fixture. I had to re-secure it to the ceiling. Doing that gave me an idea about syncing lights to my speakers so they alternate with the beat. Time will tell if I get around that one.
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #87475 is a reply to message #87341] Sun, 18 March 2018 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I had to fix my kiddo's flute. She dropped it and low and behold, some of the keys started sticking. I personally think she was eating, didn't wash her hands, and got all that stickiness on the instrument. She's sticking to her story though.
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #88448 is a reply to message #87341] Mon, 16 July 2018 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
Nothing too special, but my car radio recently died on me, so I had to take it out and figure out what was wrong with it. The only thing that worked was the AM/FM radio, but the USB connection and CD player wouldn't turn on. Turns out some wires had come undone.
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #88500 is a reply to message #87341] Tue, 24 July 2018 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I love tinkering so I also "try" fixing everything. However, there were many times that the problem got worse instead of having it fixed. The only successful fix I can be proud of is the RAM problem in my desktop. It just needed a little dusting and the computer worked like new.
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #88689 is a reply to message #87341] Wed, 15 August 2018 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hopping back on the horse

One of the brake lights in one of my cars. It was easy to access and easy to re-install. I like it when taht happens.
Re: The Last Thing You Fixed [message #88804 is a reply to message #88689] Sun, 09 September 2018 11:11 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just fixed my dad gum lcd tv. With the aid of You Tube, which can come in handy at times. The volume would go down or up all by itself and the ir light would blink incessantly. The u-tube and a fix it forum said to remove the side manual button's connector. So far so good. Also, I've helped a friend keep his old Mazda truck going down the road. Once again, u-tube. After a brake line failure, when he got it back the rear wheels would lock up. Turned out the fluid reservoir was filled up too full over the fill line. Something simple and cheap fixed it. Taking it to a shop would have entailed multiple parts and bills to do what some paper towels sopped up.
Previous Topic: Projects for Beginners
Next Topic: Cabinet for subwoofer.. bad idea?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:06:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio