Home » Audio » General » The Absolute Sound
The Absolute Sound [message #88663] Fri, 10 August 2018 13:39 Go to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
I have heard that the high end audio magazine The Absolute Sound is well worth a read, but I have never seen it in the UK. I am a bit of a music magazine and audio magazine buff, and I like to collect old issues.

I wondered if any of you here could recommend it, or is it ridiculously obsessed with the more expensive audio equipment?
Re: The Absolute Sound [message #91006 is a reply to message #88663] Wed, 02 October 2019 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Their prices can accommodate most any budget. I have taken a look a few times and I like their approach. To me at least, it shows audiophiles what they can aspire to buying and what that money gives them in return.

I like it.
Re: The Absolute Sound [message #91022 is a reply to message #88663] Fri, 04 October 2019 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
The Absolute Sound has been around awhile. Like, 40+ years of awhile.

It has always been known as a high end audio magazine. That's what the late owner Pearson was known for.
Re: The Absolute Sound [message #91135 is a reply to message #88663] Mon, 11 November 2019 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
The name describes content in this case. As an audiophile, I would collect it regardless. It would add more depth to a collection.

That's what I would do at least, but I collect music.
Re: The Absolute Sound [message #91933 is a reply to message #88663] Fri, 22 May 2020 14:37 Go to previous message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
I would love to be able to collect all the equipment they have in that mag. Imagine what that would do to your man cave.

For most of us though, it's a magazine/site to dream over.
Previous Topic: The Golden Age Of Equipment
Next Topic: Hearing loss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:39:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout