Home » Audio » Home Theater » Curved Televisions
Curved Televisions [message #88489] Mon, 23 July 2018 10:58 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
This latest TV innovation is becoming popular. I've seen in the shopping malls that most electronic companies manufacture this kind of TV. For those who have it in their homes, does the curved TV give us a better viewing experience compared to flat screens?
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88526 is a reply to message #88489] Thu, 26 July 2018 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I wish I had one of these curved televisions. I'm not sure if this is just a fad right now, in which it might die down as time goes. Or this might be the future of all TV screens.

My friend has a curved monitor for his desktop and it really looks nice.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88542 is a reply to message #88489] Sat, 28 July 2018 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KrisHS is currently offline  KrisHS
Chancellor
Malfoy wrote on Mon, 23 July 2018 10:58
This latest TV innovation is becoming popular. I've seen in the shopping malls that most electronic companies manufacture this kind of TV. For those who have it in their homes, does the curved TV give us a better viewing experience compared to flat screens?

I think Samsung is the only company that is continuing to make curved televisions these days. I could be wrong though. Curved televisions can give you a more immersive viewing experience but it can look distorted from certain angles. The differences between curved and flat screens are pretty minimal to me.

I think curved televisions are on their way out.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88561 is a reply to message #88489] Tue, 31 July 2018 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Time will tell whether curved televisions will stay with us or become like the 3D TV's. The screens in the theaters near our place were curved. I guess that is where the electronic companies got the idea.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88563 is a reply to message #88489] Wed, 01 August 2018 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
It seems to me curved is fading out.

A 60' wide theater screen being curved has its advantages, but none I can see with a 60" panel at home (or home theater).
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88581 is a reply to message #88489] Sun, 05 August 2018 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
I think they're on their way out. Honestly, I'm not even sure they were very "in" in the first place. While I used to see a lot of them in stores, I never saw anyone buying them nor have I known anyone who has. I think it was cool for a while just because it was new but now that's faded.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88584 is a reply to message #88581] Sun, 05 August 2018 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Lennix wrote on Sun, 05 August 2018 12:32
I think they're on their way out. Honestly, I'm not even sure they were very "in" in the first place. While I used to see a lot of them in stores, I never saw anyone buying them nor have I known anyone who has. I think it was cool for a while just because it was new but now that's faded.

I agree.
They came out before the big push for 4k.

I saw it as a way for the manufacturers to try and promote the "latest and greatest"

I guess 8k will be next?.....
Ooops... I think its already here lol.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88600 is a reply to message #88489] Mon, 06 August 2018 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Having no money to buy what we wanted can be good sometimes. I was saving for a curved TV, but now I will save money for the 8k TV. I'm glad I didn't buy the curved TV even though I was very eager to own one.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88603 is a reply to message #88489] Tue, 07 August 2018 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I feel like just with those 3D televisions it might be a thing that will just go away in a few years. I think for one, your TV has to be very big for it to give the desired effect. With the quality of TVs being improved so much, I personally don't see the added value with these.
Re: Curved Televisions [message #88616 is a reply to message #88489] Tue, 07 August 2018 23:05 Go to previous message
Viscount
Television makers seem to try to imitate the experience we have in the theaters. This could be the reason for all the added innovation done on TV. 3D, curvature, bigger-size, and whatnots were all taken from the theaters.
Previous Topic: Sonos for home theater setup
Next Topic: Hiding The Cables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:13:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout