Home » Audio » Measurement » The best apps to measure noise levels
The best apps to measure noise levels [message #84166] Thu, 22 December 2016 23:01 Go to next message
sawyer25  is currently offline sawyer25
Viscount
Time and again, we hear of the need to avoid exposure to harmful noises that may damage the inner ear and lead to permanent or temporary hearing loss. I have heard of the TooLoud available to iPhone users. Are there any other apps that you can recommend?
Re: The best apps to measure noise levels [message #85188 is a reply to message #84166 ] Wed, 10 May 2017 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake  is currently offline drake
Master
There are quite a number of noise measurement apps on Google Play, though I've never cared to check these out. Do they really give the desired results?
Re: The best apps to measure noise levels [message #87251 is a reply to message #84166 ] Tue, 20 February 2018 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish  is currently offline Kingfish
Grand Master
Sound Meter for Android is a good one. Five million downloads, a 4.7 average rating and it is good for measuring the decible levels of the traffic around you.
Re: The best apps to measure noise levels [message #88293 is a reply to message #84166 ] Mon, 02 July 2018 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi  is currently offline Yurimi
Viscount
We can usually tell by instinct if a place is too noisy when our ears hurt. Earphones and headphones may pose more danger as sometimes we set the volume so high in purpose. If we can have an app to alert us of the high noise, I think that's better.
Re: The best apps to measure noise levels [message #88568 is a reply to message #84166 ] Fri, 03 August 2018 00:35 Go to previous message
Lindzz  is currently offline Lindzz
Chancellor
I used Decibel X before and it is said to be accurate, but I really don't know how accurate it is in reality. I do believe that my ears are no longer as sensitive to high volumes as they used to be...
Previous Topic:Complaining neighbors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 14 23:06:59 CDT 2018

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems
Crescendo Systems
DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects