Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Portable roll-up keyboards
Portable roll-up keyboards [message #88370] Sat, 07 July 2018 05:22 Go to next message
Musique is currently offline  Musique
Chancellor
Technology keeps on evolving, and this is the latest thing to impress me in a while. (I know I'm late!) I have just watched some videos of an electric roll-up keyboard, which is very simple and easy to bring anywhere. This certainly makes for a fun appearance in various performances. Does it sound any different from the conventional keyboards?
Re: Portable roll-up keyboards [message #88538 is a reply to message #88370] Fri, 27 July 2018 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
They are very cool but I wouldn't personally recommend using one for performances. I don't own one myself but a few of my friends have them. I think they're really great tools for beginners. They didn't handle chords very well and it was fairly easy to double-tap on keys accidentally. I didn't get to play any of them for an extended period of time, so I'm sure that the double-tapping gets better. But getting more acquainted with the keyboards wouldn't have fixed the gimmicks produced during more complex pieces.

They are fun though. If you get one, I'd suggest looking for ones that have the black keys raised. It's a bit easier to make sure you hit the right key/trigger.
Re: Portable roll-up keyboards [message #88672 is a reply to message #88370] Fri, 10 August 2018 22:11 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I didn't know about this until now. So is it like a portable computer keyboard? With time and technological advancements, this portable roll-up keyboard can be used in performances.
Previous Topic: One Musician, Many Instruments, One Beautiful Music
Next Topic: Nylon or Steel String For Guitar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:18:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout