Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Soundproof on a budget
Soundproof on a budget [message #86751] Wed, 13 December 2017 17:11 Go to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
What is the cheapest and easiest way to soundproof a room? I don't want to spend much (any) money because it's not going to be permanent. Any ideas?
Re: Soundproof on a budget [message #86752 is a reply to message #86751] Wed, 13 December 2017 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitt is currently offline  Kitt
Baron
That's something that I've never done, personally and I'm not exactly sure how one would go about doing that without spending at least some money. I hope others here will be able to help you out on that one.
Re: Soundproof on a budget [message #87387 is a reply to message #86751] Wed, 07 March 2018 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There is a Chinese company, or at least there was, that sold ultra thin sheets of insulation. If you can find something like that, you can uninstall it as easily as you installed it and take it with you.
Re: Soundproof on a budget [message #88280 is a reply to message #86751] Sat, 30 June 2018 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
Thick curtains and large area rugs may help to absorb the outside and inside noise at the same time. If those are too expensive for you, consider hanging the thick blankets you have. I find them good investments since you can use them for purposes other than soundproofing.
Re: Soundproof on a budget [message #88475 is a reply to message #86751] Fri, 20 July 2018 13:50 Go to previous message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I have some friends with an at-home recording studio that use these foam sound panels on the walls. They don't look very nice but there's many different colors and you usually don't have to cover the entire wall. Just a part of the wall goes a long way.
Previous Topic: Small-room acoustics
Next Topic: 3 subs to setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:25:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout