Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Good books on audio electronics
Good books on audio electronics [message #88468] Wed, 18 July 2018 16:54 Go to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
Can anyone recommend a good book on audio electronics? I was thinking of something aimed at someone who has some knowledge of basic electronics, but is maybe a little new to audio electronics.

I would like to get a better idea of how things work in the audio field, and may start some projects of my own.
Re: Good books on audio electronics [message #88470 is a reply to message #88468] Thu, 19 July 2018 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, There are a few. One I like is Designing High-Fidelity Tube Preamps by Merlin Blencowe. He has one on guitar preamps as well. I would suggest reading them for concepts first as the math parts can get a bit involved. There is a series of on line texts from the UK that are good. I forget the name at the moment...something Wizard as I recall. Perhaps another member can provide the link. If not I'll go check my archives for it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Good books on audio electronics [message #88473 is a reply to message #88470] Fri, 20 July 2018 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Another tube related book. Beginner's Guide to Tube Audio Design, by Bruce Rozenblit. https://www.parts-express.com/beginners-guide-to-tube-audio-design-book--500-108
Re: Good books on audio electronics [message #88476 is a reply to message #88468] Fri, 20 July 2018 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I believe the UK group that Bruce is talking about is called "Valve Wizard".
Re: Good books on audio electronics [message #88483 is a reply to message #88476] Sat, 21 July 2018 17:27 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, That is the one.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Safety Gear
Next Topic: Projects for Beginners
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:50:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects