Home » Audio » Home Theater » Which smart TV?
Which smart TV? [message #88371] Sat, 07 July 2018 09:14 Go to next message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
Does anyone have any particular recommendations when it comes to smart TV's? My last TV was rather old, and eventually died the death. Since then I have been watching TV on my computer, but I think it's time to invest in a proper TV.

A friend has recommended that I get a fairly cheap TV and use this in conjunction with a Humax Box, satellite dish and internet connection. This should basically give me all the advantages of smart TV.

What would you do? I am in the UK and willing to spend up to £1,000, but if I can get something just as good and cheaper, so much the better!
Re: Which smart TV? [message #88379 is a reply to message #88371] Sun, 08 July 2018 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
A friend of mine has a Humax box, and it seems to work pretty well. You can use it to get on-demand internet TV from all the main channels, plus all the FreeSat channels.

If you just want a TV with WiFi connection, you could get a dongle - Amazon do one.

For Free Sat TV you have to have a dish on the side of your house.

With just an aerial you can get Freeview.

With Sky you can get multiple channels.

How many channels would you like to have access to? It also depends on things like how much access to sport you would like to have.
Re: Which smart TV? [message #88407 is a reply to message #88371] Mon, 09 July 2018 10:30 Go to previous message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I'd probably go with Sky Q. I rarely record any TV show, so all I need is the channels. I'd invest the rest of the money in a good UHD/4K smart TV. I think Samsung or LG has some good entry-level 32-48 inch TVs within your budget.
Previous Topic: Living Room Space
Next Topic: Sonos for home theater setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:43:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout