Home » Audio » Speaker » Gaming speakers and headphones
Gaming speakers and headphones [message #88349] Fri, 06 July 2018 02:07 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
A discussion on another topic reminds me of a few articles I read in the past about speakers and headphones made specifically to boost gaming experience. (I guess earphones are just too old.) I wonder if I will enjoy my games more if I own these speakers. How exactly are they different?
Re: Gaming speakers and headphones [message #88414 is a reply to message #88349] Mon, 09 July 2018 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Earphones (I prefer headphones) are used in order not to disturb the neighbors. If the neighbors don't mind or you play video games during the daytime, then the speakers are really good to use.

What I don't like with earphones or headphones is that my ear lobes will hurt after an hour or two of using them.
Re: Gaming speakers and headphones [message #88519 is a reply to message #88349] Wed, 25 July 2018 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
It depends on the gamer. When we play in an internet cafe with lots of other gamers then we have no choice but to use a headphone. As for me, I prefer headphones over speakers even when I'm playing at home.
Re: Gaming speakers and headphones [message #94533 is a reply to message #88349] Fri, 01 October 2021 00:43 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Using speakers for gaming might be a better experience if you have a gaming room that can help improve the sound. If not, headphones are better because they mostly have a noise-canceling mechanism.
Previous Topic: Modern vs. Vintage Speakers
Next Topic: Speakers Facing Each Other
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:33:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout