Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Musicians that sound the same
Musicians that sound the same [message #87886] Fri, 27 April 2018 15:28 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Singers, drummers, guitarists, or even entire bands, do you ever hear a musician and mistake them for another? I think Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson, and Beyonce all sound identical. 80's and 90's music had a different vibe than what we hear today, but other than that, Beyonce's vocals blend in.

Most if not all boy bands and girl groups are indistinguishable to me. I can't tell much difference between New Kids On the Block, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, One Direction, or The Wanted. The same is true for TLC and Destiny's Child.
Re: Musicians that sound the same [message #87887 is a reply to message #87886] Fri, 27 April 2018 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
This will sound like blasphemy, but I've mistaken The Monkees for The Beatles more than once. The lyrics and rhythm of Daydream Believer in particular mimic The Beatles' style. I consider the Monkees to be a boy band, while The Beatles don't fit that mold.
Re: Musicians that sound the same [message #88243 is a reply to message #87886] Sun, 24 June 2018 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Monkees were a boy band in that managers and other people on that level got all the members together, had songs for them, told them how to dress, etc.... It wasn't a band so much as it was a musical project.

The Beatles, obviously, were not that.

But more on topic, what the OP said is true. I believe it's true because the music industry found a style of music that sold very well, and emulated it by managing and marketing performers who were willing to fit that mold in return for stardom.

Musical integrity had little to do with it. Like The Monkees.
Re: Musicians that sound the same [message #88276 is a reply to message #87886] Sat, 30 June 2018 08:17 Go to previous message
Musique is currently offline  Musique
Chancellor
Wait until you see some of the Japanese and Korean boy/girl bands. They look and sound the same! It gets overwhelming at times.

I find it easier to confuse groups instead of individuals. The ones like Destiny's Child, Little Mix, and Fifth Harmony sound similar sometimes. If not for the song genre and arrangement, I'd have a hard time telling them apart.
Previous Topic: Acoustic arrangements surpassing the originals
Next Topic: Video Game Soundtracks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:16:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout