Home » Audio » Source » Turntable Drawer
Turntable Drawer [message #88232] Fri, 22 June 2018 08:28 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Where would be the best place to go online to find something like this? A turntable that sits on a stable piece of wood that serves as a type of drawer. Meaning you can pull it out of the wall for when you're using it, then slide it back when when you're done.

It would be made in such a way that it is almost unnoticeable when retracted back into the wall.
Re: Turntable Drawer [message #88235 is a reply to message #88232] Fri, 22 June 2018 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I suppose there is one somewhere out there. My thought is that I would not use it though. Two basic reasons, first is stability. It would be likely to vibrate whenever you crank up the music and cause feedback. Second is that turntables work best when level. Even a few degrees off level will tend to cause problems for high quality turntables. If you are serious about music then I would opt for a shelf with a cover. It can be made far sturdier and the sound vibrations will be less likely to cause problems and the turntable will function better on a level stable shelf. On the other hand if you are not so serious about it all , then just go get some drawer glides from some place like Home Depot and build something that suits you needs.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Turntable Drawer [message #88250 is a reply to message #88232] Mon, 25 June 2018 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What I was thinking of was a piece of wood at least an inch thick. Only going out as far as need be so the vibrations would be minimal to non-exsistant.
Re: Turntable Drawer [message #88278 is a reply to message #88232] Sat, 30 June 2018 14:38 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Put some padding on it too. Like a piece of rug that the turntable would eventually "sink" in to.

If you take the leap, let us know how it turns out.
Previous Topic: Why do you buy CDs?
Next Topic: What would you do with a load of old 78's?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:35:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio