Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7Pi thoughts and questions
7Pi thoughts and questions [message #88200] Sun, 17 June 2018 19:29 Go to next message
Jelly_bean is currently offline  Jelly_bean
Esquire
Hello all! I've enjoyed my time lurking here and thought it right to join. Smile

I'm considering building a pair of the 7Pi corner horns and had a few questions before I get started.

first off, the room that they will be in is 12' wide with a sliding glass door in between the corners that the speakers will be in. will this cause a problem with the speakers needing an uninterrupted wall? is this room too small? the other walls are just long drywall. I will be seated about 9-10' away from the speakers just outside of where they cross (I've read that it's important to be just outside where they cross).

my second question is how will the height of the mid range and the compression driver affect the sound at the listening position? my ears reach 38" high when seated in my chair. Will this affect the imaging or the high frequencies due to the drivers being so high?

I've always wanted a big horn speaker and these look like they will fit the bill as I have perfect corners for them. I'm just worried that the room is too small and the mid range and the compression driver will be too high and cause poor imaging (which I really enjoy)

My main goal is imaging and soundstage followed closely by dynamics.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hanging out here.

Chris
Re: 7Pi thoughts and questions [message #88201 is a reply to message #88200] Sun, 17 June 2018 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
compaddict is currently offline  compaddict
Viscount
I will let the experts chime in.. But if you want a listen, I'm in Auburn Ca.
Vince
Re: 7Pi thoughts and questions [message #88202 is a reply to message #88200] Mon, 18 June 2018 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Truthfully, it sounds like your room is pretty good for constant-directivity cornerhorns.

And the three foot ear-level height is perfect, not just in your room but for all rooms. The midhorn is directly in front of seated listeners, with the tweeter horn sitting right above that. Each is designed to provide proper response and coherent summing within a +/- 20° arc above and below the forward centerline.

Re: 7Pi thoughts and questions [message #88216 is a reply to message #88201] Tue, 19 June 2018 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom-m is currently offline  tom-m
Baron
Hey compaddict,
How long have you had your pi7, and how do you like them? Do you have any direct comparison with other speakers?

Thanks
Re: 7Pi thoughts and questions [message #88217 is a reply to message #88216] Tue, 19 June 2018 21:43 Go to previous message
compaddict is currently offline  compaddict
Viscount
Here you are!
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/255180-thinking-pi-7-kit.html
Previous Topic: One Pi speaker plan request
Next Topic: Four Pi crossover adaptable to 16R JBL 2226?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:52:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio