Home » Audio » Home Theater » Television size
Television size [message #88085] Sun, 27 May 2018 23:31 Go to next message
Channon is currently offline  Channon
Chancellor
My father has always been of the opinion that "bigger is always better," but he says this without any care about how much space is between the viewer and the television. If I have nine feet between myself and the TV, what would the ideal size be for a 1080p television? Is there a screen that would be "too large"?
Re: Television size [message #88087 is a reply to message #88085] Mon, 28 May 2018 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Go to your local retailer and stand nine feet away from various size screens. Pick the size you like best.

Re: Television size [message #88096 is a reply to message #88085] Fri, 01 June 2018 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
^ That's probably the easiest way to go about it. It's definitely the most efficient for getting something that looks good to you. If you want to know what people have to say about it in general, you can check out some calculators that have been set up, like this one.
Re: Television size [message #88131 is a reply to message #88085] Wed, 06 June 2018 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Channon is currently offline  Channon
Chancellor
Ha, yeah, I figured I could always just give that a go. Thanks for the calculator, utopia. I was wondering if there were any "rules" out there. I suppose it's probably best for me to just do what Wayne said though.
Re: Television size [message #88239 is a reply to message #88085] Sun, 24 June 2018 05:01 Go to previous message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
If we aim to have a theater-like experience inside our home, then I go along with "bigger is better". Practicality wise and financially wise, I go with mediocre size (about 30" to 40") but have the quality of 4K. The sound system also should be good enough to be at par with the quality of the TV.
Previous Topic: Does best picture = bigger projector?
Next Topic: Setting up my first Home Cinema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:23:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout