Home » xyzzy » Tower » Good use for old tube televisions
Good use for old tube televisions [message #87992] Wed, 09 May 2018 12:28 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I have finally discovered a good use for old tube televisions.
You need this style to play the old Duck Hunt game that came with the first Nintendo. As far as I know, the guns will not register hits on newer televisions. I discovered this little fact after buying an old Nintendo off Ebay. Couldn't get the game to work and I knew my aim wasn't that bad. I did some research and discovered that the T.V. was the problem not the game itself. Sure enough, switching made all the difference.

I realize I'm probably the only member who is dying to play Duck Hunt for nostalgia's sake, but I remember reading threads on this forum about recycling and how hard it was to get rid of old televisions. Maybe this tidbit will help.
Re: Good use for old tube televisions [message #88014 is a reply to message #87992] Sun, 13 May 2018 17:32 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I had no idea. I can't say I'm dying to play the game again, but at least I know what to do with any old televisions I need to offload. I found an article about hacking the gun so it will work with LED screens. Doesn't look very safe, though.
https://www.wired.com/2012/12/techie-diy-holiday-ideas/
Previous Topic: Just Ban Rifles And Assault Weapons
Next Topic: Memorial Day Thoughts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:01:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers