Home » Audio » Speaker » Listening to speakers before buying
Listening to speakers before buying [message #87902] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:16 Go to next message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
Doesn't seem like there are a lot of brick and mortar stores out there with large speaker setups so you can go in and listen to them before making a decision and buying. What are all you doing before spending your money? Do you just rely on online reviews? Go with suggestions from friends?
Re: Listening to speakers before buying [message #88004 is a reply to message #87902] Fri, 11 May 2018 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I still consider online reviews, but lately it seems like Amazon and other sites are flooded with both good and bad fake reviews. It's also a problem when sellers lump different versions of the same product under one listing. So, I try to get suggestions from friends and family first, then I look for a product with a good warranty that I can buy from a store with a decent return policy.
Re: Listening to speakers before buying [message #88010 is a reply to message #87902] Sat, 12 May 2018 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
The problem with auditioning speakers in a store is that your usually auditioning (listening to) the room, just as much as the loudspeakers.
The store room is likely completely different than yours (usually much larger with better acoustics).

I think he only best way to audition speakers, is to bring them home and listen in the room you want them in, experimenting with placement of course.
Re: Listening to speakers before buying [message #88069 is a reply to message #87902] Wed, 23 May 2018 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
Johnny is right. I think the only way to really try them out is in your own home. For that, I usually turn to Amazon because I have Amazon Prime, which means I have free shipping and sometimes free returns (it's always important to check that first).
Re: Listening to speakers before buying [message #88263 is a reply to message #87902] Thu, 28 June 2018 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I will go with a 15 to 30 day trial period. I'm not returning the speaker and get a refund if I was not satisfied with the quality I bought. I will just replace the speaker with a better one.
Re: Listening to speakers before buying [message #88656 is a reply to message #87902] Fri, 10 August 2018 03:03 Go to previous message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I watch a lot of reviews online, YouTube and stuff to get opinions from people, but I watch at least a hundred if it concerns a big purchase because I want to watch a ton of different opinions. But with speakers specifically I go to Best Buy because the sound is important and often a personal choice.
Previous Topic: Listening In
Next Topic: Monitors and Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:42:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout