Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Favorite actors (What are your favorite actors?)
Favorite actors [message #82194] Sat, 12 March 2016 09:44 Go to next message
JillbeQuick is currently offline  JillbeQuick
Chancellor
What are your all time favorites in the acting community?
Young or old.

I favor an old one myself, by the name of Danny Kaye; It is always fun to hear who other people would pick.

Jack jumped over a candlestick
Re: Favorite actors [message #82773 is a reply to message #82194] Thu, 02 June 2016 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melita is currently offline  Melita
Esquire
I love Christopher Walken in everything he's been in. He has such presence and that voice! Also he did that music video a while ago which I thought was brilliant.
Re: Favorite actors [message #82776 is a reply to message #82194] Fri, 03 June 2016 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
My favorite actress is Melissa McCarthy. I think that she is one of the funniest actors around. I've watched her in everything that she has ever played in and I haven't been disappointed yet.
Re: Favorite actors [message #82781 is a reply to message #82194] Fri, 03 June 2016 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I have quite a number but Denzel Washington and Jessica Alba are my favorite actors. Talk of great personalities as well as diversity and these two names quickly come to mind.
Re: Favorite actors [message #82906 is a reply to message #82194] Sun, 26 June 2016 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Johnny Depp and Matt Damon are my favorites. Depp especially because he brings believe-ability to unbelievable characters and story lines. He doesn't like the conventional and I like that.
Re: Favorite actors [message #83237 is a reply to message #82194] Thu, 04 August 2016 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I cannot quickly think of any old folks but Kevin Hart and Samuel L. Jackson are my two favorite actors. I might have forgotten a few old folks here and there but there are seasoned ones who were so good at what they did even when assuming difficult unbelievable characters or roles.
Re: Favorite actors [message #83355 is a reply to message #82194] Mon, 15 August 2016 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Johnny Depp is a good actor probably in a class of his own. Does he also do voice overs for animation movies? Colin Farrell was a good actor back in the day and he somehow seems to have found another hobby lately.
Re: Favorite actors [message #87882 is a reply to message #82194] Fri, 27 April 2018 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
I have to go with Tom Hanks as my favorite actor. I can watch and re-watch anything of his. I just re-watched "Forrest Gump" for the first time in about 10 years and loved it all over again.

As for my favorite actress I can't choose between Susan Sarandon and Meryl Streep. So I won't.

Sam
Re: Favorite actors [message #88083 is a reply to message #82194] Sun, 27 May 2018 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Channon is currently offline  Channon
Chancellor
Moss24, I'd completely forgotten that Jessica Alba existed. I haven't seen her in anything in a long time.

My favorite actor ever is (was?) Heath Ledger. He had the ability to play any role and make you really believe it. RIP Heath.

Lupita Nyong'o and Natalie Dormer are absolutely phenomenal.
Re: Favorite actors [message #88092 is a reply to message #83355] Wed, 30 May 2018 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
cwemoy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2016 13:14
Johnny Depp is a good actor probably in a class of his own. Does he also do voice overs for animation movies? Colin Farrell was a good actor back in the day and he somehow seems to have found another hobby lately.

He's definitely in a class of his own. I think he's a great actor but I prefer it when he does roles that are a little more "normal". He did that one animated movie, Rango or something like that.

I think Helena Bonham Carter has great range and phenomenal acting skills.
Previous Topic: Classical Music
Next Topic: Rabbit Ears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:02:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout