Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Classical Music
Classical Music [message #87866] Tue, 24 April 2018 05:01 Go to next message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
I've recently started listening to classical music but remain very ignorant and unable to identify pieces of music. It was an elderly neighbor who introduced me when she gave me a CD of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons". I was surprised to find that parts of the music were familiar to me.

I've been blocked by listening, more or less exclusively, to rock and blues music. I've asked my neighbor to compile a list of classical music for me to start listening to. What composers would you suggest?

Re: Classical Music [message #87875 is a reply to message #87866] Tue, 24 April 2018 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven...

You probably already know some classical music you just need to put a name to the song. One popular example is Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite, which is widely played each Christmas season.
Re: Classical Music [message #87905 is a reply to message #87866] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundcheck12 is currently offline  Soundcheck12
Chancellor
If you really want to get into, see if you can find a copy of the movie Amadeus. It covers the life of Mozart and describes him as a party animal but also a workaholic. The music in the movie is simply amazing and got me started into classical music.
Re: Classical Music [message #88071 is a reply to message #87866] Wed, 23 May 2018 15:36 Go to previous message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
Amadeus is one of the greatest movies ever, Soundcheck. It's what got me into classical music. I listen to the 'soundtrack' regularly.

You'd be familiar with some of Wagner's work. For instance, you might be familiar with this little number.
Previous Topic: Amazon Prime Membership Hike
Next Topic: Favorite actors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:48:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout