Home » xyzzy » Tower » Art Bell leaves the planet
Art Bell leaves the planet [message #87816] Sat, 14 April 2018 10:07 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We've been talking about talk radio shows in another thread. Art Bell was one of the first talk show hosts that I listened to regularly. He did a late night show on the paranormal, sort of like the Twilight Zone. But instead of having dramas, he interviewed guests on various topics like ghosts, remote viewing, exorcism and UFOs. I always take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt, and don't really believe in most of it. But Art Bell had a way of making it all sound interesting.

index.php?t=getfile&id=2075&private=0

Art Bell passed away yesterday, apparently from complications of COPD. His timing was always perfect for effect, and his death was no exception. He died on Friday the 13th.

• Attachment: Art_Bell.jpg
    (Size: 23.49KB, Downloaded 1028 times)
Re: Art Bell leaves the planet [message #87840 is a reply to message #87816] Tue, 17 April 2018 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
I hate it when I only find out about someone after they're gone. It sounds like he was amazing. I really want to check out his show now. I love hearing about the paranormal, even if I don't buy into it. It's totally fitting that he died on Friday the 13th! RIP Arthur!
Re: Art Bell leaves the planet [message #87846 is a reply to message #87816] Tue, 17 April 2018 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
Man, talk about good timing. I don't think there could've been a better day. I've heard of him before, but I've never actually listened to one of his shows. I'll have to go find one and listen to it in his honor.
Re: Art Bell leaves the planet [message #87868 is a reply to message #87816] Tue, 24 April 2018 05:13 Go to previous message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
I'd heard of him but wasn't very familiar with his work but it sounds like he was quite a character. I just checked and there are quite a few videos on youtube. I shall enjoy watching them later.
Previous Topic: Teachers and guns
Next Topic: Just Ban Rifles And Assault Weapons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:35:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout