Home » Audio » Craftsmen » DIY/Hacks That Failed
DIY/Hacks That Failed [message #87808] Fri, 13 April 2018 18:56 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
What has been the worst DIY project or audio hack you've tried that failed? I like to read tips on Lifehacker and Instructables, some are useful, some are pointless, and some fail - it could be user error though. The most ridiculous hack I tried was making inexpensive noise-isolating earbuds by adding a foam earplug to each earbud. I cranked my music up and was disappointed that it didn't make much of a difference and certainly wasn't noise-isolating. I guess I pushed the buds in too deeply because one of the foam plugs got stuck in my ear. My girlfriend had to fish it out with tweezers. Not my proudest moment. What's your story?
Re: DIY/Hacks That Failed [message #87842 is a reply to message #87808] Tue, 17 April 2018 12:56 Go to previous message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
Ugh, I fail every DIY project I try, which is why I'm petrified to try anything that involves electronics. I've never heard of anyone using a foam earplug for that before! It's a shame that didn't work since it'd be such an easy fix...you know, as long as the thing didn't get jammed in your eardrum. Ouch!
Previous Topic: Are you a self-taught craftsman?
Next Topic: How to make Bass Traps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:25:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout