Home » Audio » Home Theater » Does best picture = bigger projector?
Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87629] Mon, 02 April 2018 07:24 Go to next message
Strum Drum  is currently offline Strum Drum
Baron
I bought a mini projector when they first hit the scene and it was pretty horrible. The picture was fuzzy and the throw distance was overstated. I'm not sure if the technology was just new or if a mini projector just won't perform as well. Does it come down to size at the end of the day?
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87650 is a reply to message #87629 ] Mon, 02 April 2018 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman  is currently offline Khanman
Chancellor
I've heard that the mini projectors have some issues with clarity because the contrast is typically weaker and the picture isn't as bright as the larger projectors. How dark was your room?
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87794 is a reply to message #87650 ] Wed, 11 April 2018 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum  is currently offline Strum Drum
Baron
You may be on to something about the room being too bright to produce a good picture, Khanman. I need to pull it out of the closet and try it again to test that theory out. I might purchase a newer model for work and personal entertainment and I prefer mini projectors if I can get a good picture. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87807 is a reply to message #87629 ] Fri, 13 April 2018 17:35 Go to previous message
Elerie90  is currently offline Elerie90
Chancellor
You'll have to let us know if that ends up working out for you! I would love to get a projector and the minis would definitely be the most convenient so long as you don't have to sacrifice too much when it comes to the image quality.
Previous Topic:Do you have a projector?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 19 10:18:18 CDT 2018

Sponsoring Organizations

AudioKinesis
AudioKinesis
BuildAnAmp.com
BuildAnAmp.com
Crescendo Systems
Crescendo Systems
DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects