Home » Audio » Source » How do you buy most of your music?
How do you buy most of your music? [message #87802] Thu, 12 April 2018 19:31 Go to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
I usually get digital music through iTunes or, more recently, Amazon Music. I know a lot of people on here listen to vinyl but do you regularly purchase it or do you mainly listen to records that you already own? If it's the former, where do you usually buy your records? Same questions for CDs.
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #87803 is a reply to message #87802] Fri, 13 April 2018 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I buy a lot of my LPs from places like ZIA record exchange. You can often get good LPs for under a dollar. Many are like new. Occasionally I buy new ones from several sources.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #87859 is a reply to message #87803] Mon, 23 April 2018 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I buy digital music on iTunes and can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I'll have to try ZIA's soon, gofar99. I've been purchasing records on Amazon's Vinyl Store, but there isn't the greatest selection at the moment.

Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #87873 is a reply to message #87859] Tue, 24 April 2018 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, ZIA has several stores and one might be in your area. Lots of new and used vinyl. For the CD and DVD crowd they carry oodles of that.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88105 is a reply to message #87802] Sun, 03 June 2018 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
I usually buy my music online, no matter what format it is. For digital music, I usually turn to iTunes but I'm trying to make a switch over to Amazon. Amazon is typically where I find all of the other formats. Sometimes I will buy them in a brick and mortar store, but not too often.
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88185 is a reply to message #88105] Sat, 16 June 2018 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Mostly online for new and used records. Discogs is a good source for used. For new, I've used what was Ernie B's that became Millions of Records https://www.millionsofrecords.com/
A great source of Reggae, which, I don't like. I love!
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88477 is a reply to message #87802] Sat, 21 July 2018 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
I buy my music as CD's, and I tend to buy them through Amazon, but only when the price is reasonable. I also tend to browse music shops a bit in Leeds, and if I see something that is reasonably priced, I buy it.

For musical exploration, I tend to go on YouTube, and if I find something I like, look for the CD.
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88501 is a reply to message #87802] Tue, 24 July 2018 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I buy CDs from our local music store before the arrival of the fast-speed internet. Nowadays, I just go to YouTube and listen to whatever music I like because I'm always connected to the internet anyway.
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88504 is a reply to message #87802] Tue, 24 July 2018 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KrisHS is currently offline  KrisHS
Chancellor
I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I make most of my digital music purchases through iTunes. As for vinyl, I usually shop around on eBay, Amazon, and some brick-and-mortar shops. We have a used bookstore nearby that usually has a decent selection of vinyl.
Re: How do you buy most of your music? [message #88548 is a reply to message #87802] Sat, 28 July 2018 14:49 Go to previous message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I stopped buying physical CDs about 5 years ago when I started minimizing my possessions. I have a Spotify Premium account and if I really like an artist and want to support them, I'll buy their music through iTunes and support them by going to their concerts.
Previous Topic: Buying a record player
Next Topic: Tidal MQA Streaming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:52:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout