Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Favorite Childhood Movie
Favorite Childhood Movie [message #87760] Sun, 08 April 2018 12:06 Go to next message
lush is currently offline  lush
Chancellor
I think we all have movies that are pretty definitive pieces of our childhood. What movie(s) did you watch all the time when you were younger? Do you ever watch them now?

I loved The Sandlot, Rudy, Big Green, Little Giants, Rookie of the Year ... I just realized all of mine are sports-related. That's funny since I definitely didn't grow up to be very athletic at all. I guess I was too busy sitting around and watching movies!

I would watch any of these in a heartbeat. I've only watched The Sandlot and Rudy recently. The former, because I just discovered in on HBOGO, and Rudy because I like to watch it at least a few times a year.

These are in addition to all the great Disney classics, of course.
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #87763 is a reply to message #87760] Sun, 08 April 2018 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I loved Little Orphan Annie as a child, especially the singing. However, I recently saw it again and was horrified. Who on earth thought that movie was good for kids? It's sad and awfully violent. Obviously I was cooler as a kid.

I liked Little Giantstoo. The dads/coaches played their roles spectacularly.
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #87772 is a reply to message #87760] Mon, 09 April 2018 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
"The Princess Bride" - I was made to watch it with my sister who was ill with tonsillitis one day. She was crazy about princesses and this was her film of choice. I think she chose it for the title which naturally revolted me!

But I loved it and often encouraged her to request it again then I would reluctantly agree to sit with her.

Sam
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #87779 is a reply to message #87760] Mon, 09 April 2018 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
Little Giants was a great movie. Princess Bride was good too. I think I'm going to have to say the most definitive movie of my childhood is probably The Goonies. We would rent that movie all the freaking time. Another one that I watched a lot (and not by choice) is Titanic. My sister watched that movie a million and fourteen times.
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #92853 is a reply to message #87760] Fri, 25 December 2020 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
Other than the Disney classics, I really loved Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. My favorite part was when Violet blew up like a balloon! The songs were also pretty catchy. I still hum them sometimes! Razz
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #92855 is a reply to message #92853] Sat, 26 December 2020 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The Yearling 1946. Another Gregory Peck film perched high on my list. Set in 1800's rural Florida. A young lad befriends and cares for a young doe after it's mother was shot by the lads father to harvest it's heart and liver after being snake bit by a rattler to treat the wound. The movie has a dream like quality to it that is poignant depicting a boy learning life's hard knocks. Still get teared up when the lad has to shoot the yearling for having eaten the family's crops.
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #92904 is a reply to message #87760] Sun, 03 January 2021 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
Like many people, I'm a real sucker for Disney movies. Razz My favorite was The Little Mermaid, followed closely by Cinderella. I share Disney movies with my nieces now, and it's wonderful to hear them singing songs from movies that defined my childhood.
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #92929 is a reply to message #87760] Sun, 10 January 2021 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
My family loved musical dramas, so I often watched movies like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Sound of Music. I wonder if watching these movies so often as a kid was what got me into music as an adult. Laughing
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #93052 is a reply to message #92929] Wed, 03 February 2021 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
KalebTheAudioGuy wrote on Sun, 10 January 2021 11:06
My family loved musical dramas, so I often watched movies like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Sound of Music. I wonder if watching these movies so often as a kid was what got me into music as an adult. Laughing
I have fond memories of watching The Sound of Music. When we had a snow day, we'd spend the whole day watching it. My mom would make fresh bread. It was quite a delightful event, and made me wish for more snow days! Very Happy
Re: Favorite Childhood Movie [message #93064 is a reply to message #87760] Fri, 05 February 2021 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
There were the classic Disney movies but "Click" and "Titanic" were some of the movies that kept me emotional no matter how many times I've watched them. I remember watching "Enchanted" too because it was a combination of animation and real-life. I was even disappointed at first when the animation part ended. 😂
Previous Topic: Is Disney+ Worth the Money?
Next Topic: Help with streaming services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:50:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout