Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Binge-worthy shows
Binge-worthy shows [message #87555] Mon, 26 March 2018 13:49 Go to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
What are some good, binge-worthy shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu? I typically like superhero, action, and crime shows, but I'm open to whatever. It doesn't matter to me if the shows are already over or if they're still ongoing. The only thing that matters to me is that I'm able to stream at least a season of it on one of the above because I can't deal with cable television anymore
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87584 is a reply to message #87555] Tue, 27 March 2018 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
It's amazing how hard it can be to find good shows even though those three services give us access to so many. You would think it'd be a lot easier! Have you watched Bloodline? It's a Netflix original series. It's got some crime and action, but it's one of those slow-burn shows. It's really good. Also, I can go ahead and tell you that if you're not hooked by the end of the first episode, it's not worth watching.
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87605 is a reply to message #87555] Wed, 28 March 2018 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lush is currently offline  lush
Chancellor
What kind of crime shows do you like? Legal or more like a crime family sort of thing? If it's the former, Netflix has a whole lot of options. Firstly, you can never go wrong with Law and Order SVU, in my opinion. Another great one that has a similar but more modern vibe is Blue Bloods. Lastly, for a different kind of crime show that's a little more like Catch Me If You Can, you should check out White Collar. I believe they're all available on Netflix. They were not too long ago, at least!
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87607 is a reply to message #87555] Wed, 28 March 2018 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Hey, Lush, thanks for the suggestions. When I say crime, I actually mean both of those, as well as real-life crime shows like "Making a Murderer." I really like all of your suggestions...so much so that I've already watched them all. If you have any other ideas similar to those shows, I'm all ears.

I haven't seen "Bloodlines," Ouroboros. It's one of those shows I've been meaning to watch but always forget about during moments like these. I'll have to give it a watch. Thanks.
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87621 is a reply to message #87555] Sat, 31 March 2018 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Would something like Hannibal appeal to you or is that too graphic? You could also try The Americans, which is very fitting for the political environment we are in today. Both shows are available on Amazon Prime. You can binge to your heart's content.
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87677 is a reply to message #87621] Tue, 03 April 2018 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wren is currently offline  Wren
Chancellor
Madison wrote on Sat, 31 March 2018 09:54
Would something like Hannibal appeal to you or is that too graphic? You could also try The Americans, which is very fitting for the political environment we are in today. Both shows are available on Amazon Prime. You can binge to your heart's content.

I completely second The Americans. That's such a great show. I haven't seen Hannibal. I've heard good things about it.

Ah man, I was going to suggest Leverage but it doesn't look like it's available on anything. Have you watched Sherlock?
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87684 is a reply to message #87555] Wed, 04 April 2018 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
I don't have Amazon Prime or Hulu. I know some good shows on Netflix though.

Narcos, Ozark, Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, The Fall, and Bloodline are all original Netflix shows that I think are really great.

Some other shows that aren't Netflix originals: Luther, Dexter, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Collateral (miniseries), and Breaking Bad (if you haven't already seen it).

Those all fall under the "crime" category. My one suggestion outside of this (for now) would be Mad Men. Even if you've already seen it, it's worth a rewatch in my opinion.

Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87714 is a reply to message #87555] Thu, 05 April 2018 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
Alright, so you've probably seen a lot of these, but there are some great classic shows on Netflix and Hulu that everyone should watch at least once. Here we go:

- The Office (US): Netflix
- Mad Men: Netflix
- Friday Night Lights: Amazon Prime
- Breaking Bad: Netflix
- Malcolm in the Middle: Hulu
- Always Sunny in Philidelphia: Hulu
- Seinfeld: Hulu
- 30 Rock: Hulu
- Scrubs: Hulu

Most of those are comedies and pretty light (except for Breaking Bad and Mad Men). They're great binge material.
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87727 is a reply to message #87555] Fri, 06 April 2018 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wren is currently offline  Wren
Chancellor
Shadowplay, I've been meaning to watch both Ozark and Peaky Blinders. Which one would you recommend trying out first?

I'm going to add a few to Khanman's already great list. These are all on Netflix:

- Freaks and Geeks
- Friends
- The Twilight Zone
- M*A*S*H (Actually, that one's on Hulu now)
- Dexter
Re: Binge-worthy shows [message #87743 is a reply to message #87555] Sat, 07 April 2018 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chancellor
Man, you guys have a lot of suggestions. Thank you for all of them! I'll have to check them all out. In the meantime, I'm going to start watching The Americans since it's one a few of you recommended and I haven't seen it yet. I've been meaning to watch it for a while now. Thanks again. If you have more suggestions, keep 'em coming. I like to have the television playing in the background a lot.
Previous Topic: Children's movies with good music
Next Topic: Amazon Prime Membership Hike
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:35:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout