Home » Audio » Home Theater » Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast [message #87735] Sat, 07 April 2018 04:17 Go to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
I was wondering what people thought about Google Chromecast. I know that it's been around for a while, but I've yet to try it. The prices seem to have dropped recently - they're about $30.

Can it be used for streaming or does it simply allow me to view on my TV whatever is being played on my computer/tablet or phone?

Sam
Re: Google Chromecast [message #87736 is a reply to message #87735] Sat, 07 April 2018 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
It can be used for both streaming and showing what's playing on your mobile phone and computer if you own compatible devices. The video app you wish to use has to be compatible as well. I have one but rarely use it.
Re: Google Chromecast [message #87754 is a reply to message #87735] Sun, 08 April 2018 11:12 Go to previous message
TheRepublic is currently offline  TheRepublic
Esquire
Google Chromecast isn't a stand-alone piece of equipment. It has to run through your computer or smartphone. Apps aren't always compatible with Chromecast either, so I'd check out which apps you use most frequently and see if they are available on Chromecast. I personally prefer Apple TV, but it is a little bit more expensive.
Previous Topic: Buy components separately?
Next Topic: Correctly placing your speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:54:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout