Home » Audio » Speaker » Earbuds for working out
Earbuds for working out [message #87575] Tue, 27 March 2018 12:54 Go to next message
ABtoJayZ is currently offline  ABtoJayZ
Chancellor
What earbuds do you recommend for working out? I think I must have oddly-shaped ears or something because mine always slip out of my ears at some point, even when I'm just walking at a casual pace. Has anyone else had this problem and found some good earbuds that stay in place? I could be talked into headphones as well, as long as they're not too clunky (then I get too hot) or noise-canceling (because I just don't think that's safe when you're exercising).
Re: Earbuds for working out [message #87609 is a reply to message #87575] Wed, 28 March 2018 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J.Jacobs is currently offline  J.Jacobs
Chancellor
I have similar problems with a lot of earbuds out there. I thought the same thing - that I must have really weird shaped ears. Then my friend pointed out to me that it's probably because I happen to sweat a lot, even when I'm not working out. So, I tried out the Phaiser BHS-750 Headphones that are sweatproof, and they've been awesome. They're usually pretty pricey, but if you have Amazon Prime you can get them for around $45 right now.
Re: Earbuds for working out [message #87633 is a reply to message #87575] Mon, 02 April 2018 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lush is currently offline  lush
Chancellor
Do you have the same issue when you use earbuds that have the arch/band that goes around and behind your ear - something like this? That style usually works best for me.
Re: Earbuds for working out [message #87733 is a reply to message #87575] Sat, 07 April 2018 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
Quite by chance, I got lucky with the earbuds provided with my phone. They are Samsung AKG earbuds and they come with 3 sizes of changeable covers for different ear sizes. They also have angled ear tips which might help them to stay in the ear. Normally they retail at €99 - so I'm very pleased that they came with my phone.

Having said all of that, my workouts are not high impact, which must also be a factor.

Sam
Re: Earbuds for working out [message #87734 is a reply to message #87575] Sat, 07 April 2018 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamW is currently offline  SamW
Baron
Quite by chance, I got lucky with the earbuds provided with my phone. They are Samsung AKG earbuds and they come with 3 sizes of changeable covers for different ear sizes. They also have angled ear tips which might help them to stay in the ear. Normally they retail at €99 - so I'm very pleased that they came with my phone.

Having said all of that, my workouts are not high impact, which must also be a factor.

Sam
Re: Earbuds for working out [message #87748 is a reply to message #87575] Sat, 07 April 2018 22:05 Go to previous message
ABtoJayZ is currently offline  ABtoJayZ
Chancellor
Yeah, sweat could definitely be causing at least part of the problem. I sweat pretty easily. I'll have to check those out, J.Jacobs. Thanks for the suggestion. Even if my problem with the fit isn't sweat, sweatproof earbuds don't seem like a bad way to go.

I've tried some like those before, Lush. They do stay better, but I still have to readjust them a lot. Maybe that's just the way it is for everyone.

Those sound awesome, SamW. It's cool that they come with three different sizes. One size fits all products never fit just right. I'll have to check those out - or just get a Samsung phone.

Thanks, guys.
Previous Topic: Ceiling speakers
Next Topic: Audio quality and optical cable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:22:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers