Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Disappointing Concerts?
Disappointing Concerts? [message #87622] Sat, 31 March 2018 10:20 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Whether the artist cut out early, the concert started really late, or the performance just didn't live up to the hype, what has been the most disappointing concert you've ever experienced?
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87643 is a reply to message #87622] Mon, 02 April 2018 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
I had to think for a minute about this because I've found something enjoyable about every concert I've attended. I think the Modest Mouse concert I went to might be the worst one. The music was amazing (as always), but they just had zero enthusiasm. I've heard that they can be hit or miss like that though. What about you?
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87663 is a reply to message #87643] Tue, 03 April 2018 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
The best and worst concerts I've ever been to were both thrown by Kanye West. Depending on what kind of mood he's in, he'll have a ton of energy, seem glad to be on stage, and put on an amazing show; or, he'll run extremely late and scream at the audience for several minutes about whatever he's angry about. It's frustrating to buy a ticket and put in the effort to get there, only to have him rant. Man is too moody.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87690 is a reply to message #87643] Thu, 05 April 2018 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I've been to two concerts where hardly anyone showed up. One was played by Jewel back when she was still relevant but I guess on the way out. The crowd was boring and she kept yodeling. The second concert was performed by Carly Rae Jepsen and it was so dead that I felt badly for her. Twenty people might have shown up and most didn't even know who she was. I think the tickets were free.

Elerie90, I'm not familiar with Modest Mouse but I get bummed out when it's obvious the performers just aren't into it for whatever reason.

Strum Drum, tickets to one of Kanye West's shows are usually pretty expensive aren't they? I had a friend at the concert he cut short because Kim Kardashian had been robbed. I don't blame him in that instance though.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87705 is a reply to message #87622] Thu, 05 April 2018 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
...Jewel was yodeling? Man, I would have gotten out of there so fast. That's sad that no one showed up for Carly Rae Jepsen. I can't be too surprised since she's had a total of two hit songs (and one a collaboration). That's all I know of anyway. Still, it's got to be a bummer when no one shows up for free.

Elerie, they must be hit or miss because Modest Mouse gave a really powerful performance when I saw them. You should give them another shot.

Strum Drum, that doesn't surprise me at all. Kanye is one of those people who seems at the complete mercy of his emotions.

My friend dragged me to a One Direction concert. It was awful. They have (had) some of the craziest fans. I've never seen so many preteen girls in one place in my life. The band was probably good, it just wasn't my thing at all.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87991 is a reply to message #87690] Wed, 09 May 2018 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Madison wrote on Thu, 05 April 2018 07:39
I've been to two concerts. . .

I thought for sure you were going to bring up the Britney Spears concert we took our cousins to see when she was performing in Vegas. Britney looked great and the set was nice, but she lip-synced through the whole performance with dead, dead eyes.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #87998 is a reply to message #87622] Wed, 09 May 2018 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
My most disappointing concert was one that I missed lol.

In the early 80's, I couldn't make it to a Van Halen concert.
My friends said David Lee was very drunk with his JD bottle in his hand, he couldn't even sing the lyrics.

On the other hand, I thought their concert in Phili in 2007 was excellent.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #88195 is a reply to message #87622] Sun, 17 June 2018 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Unfortunately, BB King. I'd seen him in better days and he was just at the point in his life he should've hung up Lucille. Matt "Guitar" Murphy was on the bill and salvaged the show. Now he's gone as well.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #88480 is a reply to message #87622] Sat, 21 July 2018 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
I once saw The Pogues, but Shane McGowan was no longer with them. Apparently he had been getting drunk before gigs, and then falling around all over the stage. So I think they had had to start performing without him.

They were still good though. I was a bit disappointed to miss Shane, who had been good in the past, but if he was just acting the prat, then perhaps they were best off without him.
Re: Disappointing Concerts? [message #88565 is a reply to message #87622] Thu, 02 August 2018 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lindzz is currently offline  Lindzz
Chancellor
I don't think it is such a surprise to anyone, even to me, but my friend got tickets to see Justin Bieber (yes, I know..) and I went in there thinking that even if I don't love his music, at least he'd put on a good show... Boy was I wrong. All he did was walk around looking depressed and hardly sang. It was EVEN worse than I could have ever imagined. But at least I had fun dancing with my friends.
Previous Topic: Start-Up from Netflix
Next Topic: Favorite duets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:13:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout