Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Ready Player One
Ready Player One [message #87612] Thu, 29 March 2018 13:07 Go to next message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
I think the premise for Ready Player One sounds really cool, but the trailer just made it look...I don't know, really cheesy, I guess. That's not something I've come to expect from Steven Spielberg. It seems to have mostly positive reviews though, so maybe I'm misreading things. Have any of you seen it or are planning to see it?
Re: Ready Player One [message #87649 is a reply to message #87612] Mon, 02 April 2018 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
I haven't seen it yet, but I absolutely plan on seeing it. It seems like the kind of movie you have to see in theaters. Hopefully, I'll get to see it this weekend. I'll let you know what I think if you haven't seen it by then. What's holding you back from giving it a try? Bring your own food and movies aren't horrendously expensive, especially if you go to a matinee.
Re: Ready Player One [message #87652 is a reply to message #87612] Mon, 02 April 2018 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
If you like pop culture, then I think you'll like it. It has a lot of stuff from the '70s and '80s, but it has some more modern references as well. It has a lot of iconic references that made it awesome. If that's what you're going for, you won't be disappointed. If you want strong character development and all that, then this probably isn't the one for you. You should definitely see it in theaters.
Re: Ready Player One [message #87669 is a reply to message #87612] Tue, 03 April 2018 13:19 Go to previous message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
I think I'm going to give it a go this weekend, Ouroboros, because I had no answer to your question about what was holding me back. That's even truer after reading what you wrote, Khanman. I love pop culture and I'm sort of glad that takes the forefront over character development. That's what I wanted to see it for anyway. Do you think that's the reason reviews are so mixed?
Previous Topic: Which bands/artists sing live during concert?
Next Topic: Your favorite music streaming service?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:50:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio