Home » Audio » Home Theater » Does best picture = bigger projector?
Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87629] Mon, 02 April 2018 07:24 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I bought a mini projector when they first hit the scene and it was pretty horrible. The picture was fuzzy and the throw distance was overstated. I'm not sure if the technology was just new or if a mini projector just won't perform as well. Does it come down to size at the end of the day?
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87650 is a reply to message #87629] Mon, 02 April 2018 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
I've heard that the mini projectors have some issues with clarity because the contrast is typically weaker and the picture isn't as bright as the larger projectors. How dark was your room?
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87794 is a reply to message #87650] Wed, 11 April 2018 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
You may be on to something about the room being too bright to produce a good picture, Khanman. I need to pull it out of the closet and try it again to test that theory out. I might purchase a newer model for work and personal entertainment and I prefer mini projectors if I can get a good picture. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87807 is a reply to message #87629] Fri, 13 April 2018 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elerie90 is currently offline  Elerie90
Chancellor
You'll have to let us know if that ends up working out for you! I would love to get a projector and the minis would definitely be the most convenient so long as you don't have to sacrifice too much when it comes to the image quality.
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #87884 is a reply to message #87807] Fri, 27 April 2018 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
No, the picture still isn't very sharp, but it was one of the first mini projectors to come out. Technology is always improving, but I'm not sure whether projectors are keeping pace. I'll probably buy a newer model soon just to make work easier.
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #88030 is a reply to message #87884] Wed, 16 May 2018 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Well, bought a newer model and the picture quality is awful on it. I bought a LG Minibeam LED Projector and will be taking it back shortly. It's very easy to set up and light as a feather with lots of plug in options which is useful for work. Unfortunately, the picture and sound are both terrible and the battery life isn't great either. I don't know if I need to spend more money or just accept that I'll need a full-sized model if I want a great picture.
Re: Does best picture = bigger projector? [message #88147 is a reply to message #87629] Fri, 08 June 2018 13:42 Go to previous message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
That's unfortunate, Strum Drum. I heard that the speakers weren't great but that you can hook them up with other speakers via Bluetooth. Obviously, that won't help with the picture though. What was wrong with the picture quality?
Previous Topic: Correctly placing your speakers
Next Topic: Television size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:09:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout