Home » Audio » Source » What do you listen to most?
What do you listen to most? [message #86987] Fri, 12 January 2018 15:30 Go to next message
Aria is currently offline  Aria
Baron
I've seen a lot of people on here (and elsewhere) talking about their preference for vinyl music. But I'm curious if that's what they listen to the most as well. I know I do a lot of my music listening when I'm in the car, so I typically listen to a lot of mp3s even though they're not my favorite. What's your favorite versus the one you use most often?
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87428 is a reply to message #86987] Fri, 09 March 2018 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I listen to digital music most often because it's so easily portable and available. The second most often would be Sirius radio during my commute. Wait, does Sirius radio count as digital music too?
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87435 is a reply to message #87428] Sat, 10 March 2018 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Nearly always to vinyl, second is Sirus in the shop.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87488 is a reply to message #86987] Wed, 21 March 2018 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
I'm with you, Leo. I listen to digital music the most often. Like you said, it's convenient and portable. It also takes less energy than other sources when it comes to switching up what you're listening to. Not to mention, pretty much every song out there is available online. If I were less lazy (and cooler), I'd listen to vinyl a lot more than I do.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87590 is a reply to message #86987] Wed, 28 March 2018 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ABtoJayZ is currently offline  ABtoJayZ
Chancellor
I prefer listening to vinyl most. However, I'm not home all that much, so I don't really get to sit down and listen to it as much as I'd like. Because of that, I listen to digital the most. I don't have a problem with digital music, honestly, I just prefer listening to vinyl.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87624 is a reply to message #86987] Sun, 01 April 2018 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rarerat is currently offline  rarerat
Baron
I listen to digital music for the same reasons as other people have mentioned - mainly the portability. I have all of my music, many radio documentaries and podcasts in MP3 format. I listen to them in the car, via my phone or via my computer.

It's been a long time since I've heard vinyl - it's on my wishlist for 2018.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #87908 is a reply to message #86987] Mon, 30 April 2018 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
Digital music all the way even though I have a collection of vinyl. I can store hours of music on my phone and when I'm on a long drive, it comes in really handy. Think through the progression and how nice it is today. 8-tracks to cassettes then CDs and now mp3s. Wow, it's amazing how far we've come.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #88097 is a reply to message #86987] Fri, 01 June 2018 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
I listen to music in all of its many forms, but I listen to digital music the most. It all really comes down to convenience for me. I spend a lot of time commuting to work and I'm always listening to music the entire time. When I'm at home, I usually like to switch it up.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #88569 is a reply to message #86987] Fri, 03 August 2018 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
I listen to digital music all the time. I buy CD's, and I put the music onto a USB to play in my car.

I have sometimes played vinyl records on an old Hi Fi system, but the worry about getting vinyl damaged is a bit of a pain. A lot of people think vinyl is marvellous, but it gets scratched so easily, and even a bit of dust can wreck the sound quality.

I think that the passion for vinyl on the part of some people is a bit of nostalgia.
Re: What do you listen to most? [message #88572 is a reply to message #88569] Sat, 04 August 2018 11:43 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Vinyl mainly for me. When I really want to listen. Radio, CD, etc for background music. I've simply never stopped playing records. Nostalgia may play a part, but I went through the CD phase and always found it wanting in personal fulfillment. I haven't tried the streaming digital. Maybe I'll break out of the past century to give it a whirl some day.
Previous Topic: Tidal MQA Streaming
Next Topic: Saving Music Compilation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:26:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout