Home » Audio » Home Theater » Do you have a projector?
Do you have a projector? [message #87604] Wed, 28 March 2018 20:53 Go to next message
lush is currently offline  lush
Chancellor
I've never known anyone who has a projector but they've always fascinated me. I have been looking around at some different options and I'm seriously considering getting one. Does anyone have any advice about things to look for in a projector and/or things to consider about the room, other than available wall space?
Re: Do you have a projector? [message #87627 is a reply to message #87604] Mon, 02 April 2018 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I have one of the small projectors and the picture is terrible. I bought it back when mini projectors first hit the scene so maybe things have improved since then. Other than wall space you should factor in the throw distance (between screen and projector) connectivity (wifi, ports)among other things.
Re: Do you have a projector? [message #87782 is a reply to message #87604] Tue, 10 April 2018 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quest01 is currently offline  Quest01
Chancellor
I would like to get one someday but haven't gotten around to it yet. I just don't have the drive right now because I'm perfectly happy with my current setup. From the bit of research I've done about them, I think you need to make sure to do your reading on things like brightness, contrast ratio, resolution, aspect ratio, connectivity, etc.
Re: Do you have a projector? [message #88264 is a reply to message #87604] Thu, 28 June 2018 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
There are projectors with a screen to compensate for lack of walls. We only need to set it up where there is enough space between the viewers and the screen.

To me, I don't need it because a TV is good enough for me.
Re: Do you have a projector? [message #89129 is a reply to message #87604] Fri, 09 November 2018 03:57 Go to previous message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Sometimes a projector is better than a TV, especially when we wanted to show a video at a party that is held outside the house. There are many portable projectors nowadays and googling it will show many options to choose from.
Previous Topic: Is a home theatre system really necessary?
Next Topic: Location Setting For Sound Quality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:07:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout