Home » Audio » Speaker » Earphones that let me set volume
Earphones that let me set volume [message #87283] Mon, 26 February 2018 10:19 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
My oldest daughter has a habit of turning up her music too high. I'm tired of arguing with her about it. Does anyone make earphones that let parents control the volume level?
Re: Earphones that let me set volume [message #87295 is a reply to message #87283] Wed, 28 February 2018 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snickers is currently offline  Snickers
Chancellor
I don't know if I know of any headphones that have a volume control that couldn't be changed pretty easily. However, there are headphones out there that have a volume limit. Here's one example. I don't know how old your child is, so these might be too small, but I'm sure you could find something similar for teens and adults.
Re: Earphones that let me set volume [message #87318 is a reply to message #87283] Thu, 01 March 2018 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
I think the suggestion Snickers gave is probably going to be your best call. I'm not sure of any headphones that have that sort of parental control. How old is your child? Where is she listening to music with her headphones? Is it around you?
Re: Earphones that let me set volume [message #87449 is a reply to message #87295] Wed, 14 March 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Snickers wrote on Wed, 28 February 2018 00:16
I don't know if I know of any headphones that have a volume control that couldn't be changed pretty easily. However, there are headphones out there that have a volume limit. Here's one example. I don't know how old your child is, so these might be too small, but I'm sure you could find something similar for teens and adults.

Your advice was perfect! I bought these or under $15 and they work great for what I needed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDVGUSO/ref=psdc_12097479011_t2_B06XT98NJZ

Leonardo, I love your username. My daughter turns the volume up when she's not at home and is listening to someone else's device. My kids take their own headphones so there's no sharing. It's one of my tricks for preventing lice. Not sure I could handle it.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Re: Earphones that let me set volume [message #87493 is a reply to message #87283] Wed, 21 March 2018 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
Thanks for sharing that link, Madison. Those look awesome and it's really hard to beat that kind of price. How is your daughter liking them?
Re: Earphones that let me set volume [message #87503 is a reply to message #87283] Thu, 22 March 2018 15:22 Go to previous message
shadowplay is currently offline  shadowplay
Chancellor
My teenage self is cringing at the idea of my mom being able to control the volume of my music on my headphones. However, that would have been great because my hearing would probably be a lot better. I might even consider getting this for myself because I still have a bad habit of turning my music up too loud.
Previous Topic: Smart Speakers
Next Topic: Speakers On A Porch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:48:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout