Home » Audio » Radio » Antiques On Credit
Antiques On Credit [message #87429] Sat, 10 March 2018 11:04 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You see a vintage, antique radio in a shop. It works and looks like it is brand new. It is very pricey, but you just have to have it.

Would you use a credit card to buy it, knowing that the value may not go up in relation to the interest you have to pay on the credit?
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87434 is a reply to message #87429] Sat, 10 March 2018 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
If it was a gift for someone or it had sentimental value AND I was afraid someone would snatch it up before I could save enough money then I would make the purchase on credit. I'd make sacrifices to get it paid off quickly though.
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87437 is a reply to message #87429] Sun, 11 March 2018 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
I'm not a fan of credit cards......at all......but I would seriously think on that one. Chances are I would, but it would really have to be a one of a kind.
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87468 is a reply to message #87437] Sat, 17 March 2018 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I would not use my credit card to buy an antique unless I could pay it off immediately and I was using the card simply for added protections. The interest just isn't worth it. Another great item will come along down the road.
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87500 is a reply to message #87429] Thu, 22 March 2018 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouroboros is currently offline  Ouroboros
Chancellor
If it's way outside of your budget, then I wouldn't get it. Just my opinion, but if a luxury - even a really cool one that's hard to get - is way outside of your budget, then it's not worth it. However, there are other factors to consider as well, such as sentimental value.
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87507 is a reply to message #87429] Thu, 22 March 2018 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EParkes is currently offline  EParkes
Chancellor
I would probably go for it. Things like that don't always come around very often. I would check and make sure that's the case though. Sometimes, things are more common than you think. I'd also check prices online and see if I could find it for less and/or compare prices.
Re: Antiques On Credit [message #87515 is a reply to message #87429] Fri, 23 March 2018 14:23 Go to previous message
Khanman is currently offline  Khanman
Chancellor
Kingfish, let me ask you this: Do you want the radio because it's awesome and you want to have it for yourself? Are you going to use it? If yes, then do it. It doesn't matter if the value depreciates.
Previous Topic: Why Not Go Back Farther?
Next Topic: Just in case you thought radio wasn't popular anymore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:13:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout