Home » Audio » General » You Tube Playlists
You Tube Playlists [message #87241] Sat, 17 February 2018 15:44 Go to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Am I missing something here? I have a hard time gettiing into the Sirius thing when all a person has to do is create custom playists from music that is free on You Tube.
Re: You Tube Playlists [message #87244 is a reply to message #87241] Sat, 17 February 2018 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Sirius/XM is best for vehicles IMO. It allows for a commercial free source of music (lots of types) on the go. It also has some other features like traffic reports in some cities and talk shows, some news feed I believe as well. Anywhere. Very few locations are not good (tunnels, sometimes car washes, etc). For home use it is OK, but the actual sound quality is not as good as other sources. OK when reading a book, working on the PC and such. As you probably discovered it is not free. Figure about $.75 a day for one receiver, a bit less for a second one. Paying by the year saves money as well. I have both vehicle and home units. But then I don't use any other feeds. I don't want to be bothered to make up play lists.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: You Tube Playlists [message #87259 is a reply to message #87241] Wed, 21 February 2018 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reinhardt is currently offline  Reinhardt
Chancellor
I agree. Sirius is the best for vehicles. I've never used it in a home though, mainly because I don't really listen to the radio unless I'm in the car. I think Sirius is typically easier to use when I'm driving because I can control it on my steering wheel. I don't have to mess with my phone like I would with YouTube. I'm also lazy and don't like to create playlists. I would rather have someone else do the work for me. I can also listen to sports or the news with Sirius as well.
Re: You Tube Playlists [message #87419 is a reply to message #87241] Fri, 09 March 2018 11:43 Go to previous message
Spidey is currently offline  Spidey
Chancellor
The trouble with playlists is that it requires planning and forethought. There isn't room for spontenaity and discovering new music, at least not easily. I do have some playlists, but I use them pretty infrequently.
Previous Topic: Podcasts that are about recording
Next Topic: Lossless audio and streaming services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:02:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout