Home » Audio » Movies & Music » TV shows with great soundtracks
TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87288] Tue, 27 February 2018 13:24 Go to next message
SpeakUp is currently offline  SpeakUp
Chancellor
I just started watching the show Big Little Lies. It's not as great as the book, but it's still really good. The acting is wonderful, but I think the soundtrack is the real scene-stealer. The songs are beautiful, work with the show, and they incorporate it very well. What other shows do you think have great soundtracks?
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87297 is a reply to message #87288] Wed, 28 February 2018 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snickers is currently offline  Snickers
Chancellor
I've never seen that show, but I have heard good things about its soundtrack. I think Stranger Things has a pretty amazing soundtrack ... at least in the first season. I still haven't seen the second one.
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87299 is a reply to message #87288] Wed, 28 February 2018 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spidey is currently offline  Spidey
Chancellor
Both of those shows have superb soundtracks. I personally enjoy the music for Big Little Lies more than Stranger Things because the music coincides more with my personal tastes. The music for Mozart in the Jungle is absolutely great for anyone who likes classical music and/or opera.
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87319 is a reply to message #87288] Thu, 01 March 2018 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo is currently offline  Leonardo
Chancellor
You all are making me feel out of touch. I've heard of Stranger Things but I've never watched it before. It's set in the '80s, right? Does it have an '80s-centric soundtrack? I might just watch it for that alone. I think Scrubs had a pretty entertaining soundtrack that they implemented well by having the cast singing the songs sometimes rather than just having the songs be background music.
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87326 is a reply to message #87288] Thu, 01 March 2018 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EasyE is currently offline  EasyE
Chancellor
I love all of these soundtracks! Well, except for Mozart in the Jungle, but I'm sure I'd like it if I ever watched the show. It's been on my list for a while. I love the soundtrack for Gilmore Girls and Pretty Little Liars. I also think it's hard to beat the shows that have the cast actually singing the songs (and doing it well) such as Glee or even Riverdale.
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87356 is a reply to message #87326] Sun, 04 March 2018 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
It's an old show, but My-So Called Life had an amazing soundtrack filled with just the right amount of angst tempered with romance and fun. I loved everything from the opening theme song to "Soda Jerk". The soundtrack fits the show perfectly.
Re: TV shows with great soundtracks [message #87362 is a reply to message #87288] Sun, 04 March 2018 19:34 Go to previous message
SpeakUp is currently offline  SpeakUp
Chancellor
Snickers, the awesomeness of the music in Stranger Things continues in season 2. Leonardo, it's all about the '80s on that show! You can check out all of the songs in the second season here if you want to see what kind of music you'd be in for. I definitely recommend checking out that series!

Spidey, I've been meaning to check out Mozart in the Jungle for ages. I'm wrapping up an Amazon show right now (Z: The Beginning of Everything), but I'm going to check that one out next. It looks great and I love classical music.

EasyE, I've never watched Glee but I've heard some of the music before and it is super catchy. I do love the music in Gilmore Girls! Everything in that show is great, so no surprises there.

Madison, I've never watched My So-Called Life before. That's the Claire Danes show, right? I'll have to look around for the soundtrack because who doesn't like angsty teen music?

Previous Topic: Best of 2017
Next Topic: Best Original Score
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:21:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout